Spend your summer catalyze the "buy local" movement in Utah and building a sustainable, resilient local economy!
Independents Week Community Relations Coordinator
Local First Utah is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with the mission to empower a movement to recognize the value and vitality of locally owned, independent businesses to our communities and our economy. We do this through educating and engaging the public, the businesses and our statewide community partners.
Independents Week is one of Local First Utah’s annual educational campaigns. Held during the first week of July 1st – July 7th the goal of Independents Week is to proclaim the value of locally owned independent businesses to the governing bodies of the communities wherein those businesses operate, and to encourage citizens to consider the contributions made by those same businesses which uphold the character of their communities.
In each of our annual campaigns, we develop methods of engaging with our three primary constituencies: government agencies, citizens and business owners.
The Community Relations Coordinator will work along side the Executive Director to oversee communication between Local First Utah and mayoral offices, city councils, state legislators, county commissioners and other governing bodies invited to sign a proclamation in support of the valuable contributions locally owned businesses make to our communities and economy.
- Research contact information for elected officials in all levels of government in the State of Utah.
- Draft invitations to mayors and other elected officials to sign the Independents Week Proclamation.
- Oversee follow up with appropriate staff members of elected officials to ensure that proclamation is signed in a timely manner.
- Assist Executive Director in the production of press releases, media alerts and with the coordination of press events during Independents Week.
- Support Executive Director and Operations Manager in distribution of branded Local First Utah educational materials to authorized partner businesses.