The 2017 Independent Business Conference will focus on the theme of “Building A City of Neighborhoods.” At this conference, we invite small business owners, community organizers and economic development professionals to come together to learn practical and tangible resources to support their entrepreneurial efforts.
- Hear from experts, like Dionne Baux of the National Main Street Center, about "Entrepreneurial Ecosytems."
Today’s revitalization efforts are defined and impacted to a greater degree than ever by shifting demographics, changes in consumer shopping and transitions within our local, regional and national economies. These changes have significant implications for the development and growth of entrepreneurs. Conference attendees will walk take away with “real‐ life” examples commercial revitalization practitioners implemented to support a robust ecosystem in support of new and growing entrepreneurs.
- Connect with other independent business owners & resource providers.
We'll have a wide array of experts available on hand who can guide your business through the nuances of zoning changes, navigate personnel concerns and nurture your social media strategies.
- Learn how to find a business mentor, navigate city hall, and brand locally.
Local experts and experienced business leaders will offer sessions on "Finding a Business Mentor," "Localnomics: Branding as a Locally Owned Business" and "Transformational Strategies for Your Neighborhood."
- Enjoy a delicious lunch provided by some of SLC's finest food trucks.
For our midday meal, we'll enjoy some of the best culinary creations made on four wheels in the city. This lively lunch session will provide ample time to meet and makes connections with fellow independent business owners.
- Visit the burgeoning Granary & State Street Districts during our hands on mobile neighborhood tours.
We'll wrap up our day by visiting independent businesses, Epic Brewery and Ricos Brand Foods, in the heart of Salt Lake City's two, newly designated, Main Street Districts.
- Tickets are for the 2017 Independent Business Conference are available here.
- Tickets for the Conference Only are $35 per person.
- Tickets for the Full Day Event, which include the Conference and a Mobile Neighborhood Tour of the Granary and State Street Districts, are $50.