Register your locally-owned, independent business with Local First Utah
Please follow these steps:
1. Log on to www.localfirst.org and click on "Register a Local Business."
NOTE: Registration is for website access. It does not add your business to the directory.
2. Create a user name and password that will be easy to remember but secure as well. You will use this user name and password to when you log in the Local First Web site to create your directory listing, add events to the Local First calendar, or update your directory listing in the future.
3. After clicking the REGISTER Button, this screen appears:
- Registration Complete!
- An email with further instructions on how to complete your registration has been sent to the email address you provided.
- Please check your email (including your spam-box) to complete your registration.
- To have the email sent again, simply try logging in with the user-name and password of your registration.
4. Check your e-mail, and look for an e-mail from Local First with the subject line: Step 1 of 2 Your registration is pending approval.
5. Inside that e-mail is a link which will take you to our Local First new partner welcome page. Log in at the bottom of the page with your user name and password.
6. Once logged in, peruse the options available for new partners, but most importantly, click on the link that says, “Submit a directory listing” to add your business to our online directory.
7. Fill out the form provided, with your business name, a brief description and all other required information. Pay close attention to the information you provide, as this is what people will view when they search for your business in our directory, and the information Local First will use to stay in contact.
8. When you submit your listing, you will receive an e-mail confirming your submission. A Local First staff member must approve your listing before it will be viewable in our directory. (For more information on our criteria, click here.) Please note that the ‘approval’ process can take between 1 to 2 weeks to complete.
9. When your listing is approved, it will be immediately viewable in our online directory. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when your listing is approved.
Local First Utah is committed to respecting the privacy of its online visitors. Any personal information provided by users of this site is submitted at the user's discretion. Information provided by the user will not be forwarded, shared, traded, or sold to outside organizations.
Like all organizations with a web presence, Local First Utah uses web software to track the number of visitors to its web site, to analyze trends, administer the site and track user movements. We use this data to develop site content and continue to provide you with a positive experience when you visit our Website. However, no personal information is collected during the tracking process.
Online giving transactions are processed on a secure server. We have put into effect appropriate procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Once you provide us with personal, professional or financial information, that data remains confidential. We will not sell, rent, loan or otherwise share with any individual or organization any personally identifying information you provide to us.
Links to Other Sites
'Tis the season to share your commitment to buying locally!
We've already distributed 15,000 gift tags throughout the state of Utah to our participating Shift Your Spending Week businesses. We continue to invite shoppers to buy locally this holiday season, and to share your commitment to buying locally by ornamenting your gifts with the Local First Utah gift tags!
This year, we're encouraging locally minded shoppers to take the Shift Your Spending Pledge, and commit to shifting 10% of your holiday shopping to local businesses.
If you're already a resolute local shopper, then we encourage you to shift an additional 10% of your spending on top of what you already spend locally!
Gift tags are now available through our online storefront. Tags are available in sets of 50 for $10 (priced to cover the cost of printing and shipping). Additionally, tags are still available at many Shift Your Spending Week businesses across the state.
If you're a business owner interested in joining this promotion -- good news -- it's not to late! Gift tag starter kits, featuring a counter top display, 100 gift tags and a social media e-kit are available through our online storefront for $15.
*Based upon the rate of revenue return established in the 2012 Salt Lake City Indie Impact Study conducted by Civic Economics, and the 2012 Holiday Spending Forecast published by US News & World Reports